The requirements below will cover being able to run both the server and client applications. If you encounter a black screen issue when attempting to load the client please ensure you have all the prerequisites listed.
- Windows XP SP2 or higher
- .Net Framework 4.5 or above
- DirectX 9 or higher
If you continue to have Black Screen issues, please review the information discussed in this help thread: Black Screen Issues
The following link will provide you with up-to-date files for both the server and the client. Client files are required to play the game, server files are required to run a server.
The link below contains the config details to connect directly to the autopatch client
- Stable.Release.220.127.116.11.zip (v18.104.22.168 / 15-05-2016)
Installing main data/core files
- Download the stable release (above). Once downloaded, extract the included folders to your required destination (e.g. C:\)
Updating client files to the latest version
- Double click the Client.exe file (found in the /Client folder). This will start up the game launcher and begin to patch any outdated or missing files
Running the server and client
- To open the server up, open the Server.exe file in your 'Server' Directory. Wait for the server window to open and run through its opening process (4 lines appear - Maps Loaded, Drops Loaded, Envir Started, Network Started). This means the server is now running, locally.
- Open 'Config' -> 'Server' which opens the configform. On the general tab you need to either a) Untick the 'check version' or b) Use the version path to locate your client.exe in the client directory. Close the ConfigForm.
- Now the server is running and ready for your client to connect to.
- Navigate to your Client folder (in server folder) and run client.exe. Create account, login, create character etc etc
To make a char a GM/Admin
- In the server.exe, go to 'Account' which opens accountinforform window.
- Click on your account to load that particular accounts settings in the bottom half of the window.
- Tick the box entitled 'Administrator'.
- Every char created on that account will now automatically be an Admin, new or already created.